It appears that many businesses are doing all they can to become more socially responsible. Blockchain technology can help companies report on their sustainable development goals, as well as their carbon disclosure with added accuracy and reliability.
Blockchain, blockchain, blockchain...the word is almost inescapable in today's media frenzied world. The technology has the capability to bring enormous changes to the way global business is conducted, but how will it affect outdoor advertising?
Developers in Hong Kong, across Asia, and worldwide are working on blockchain messaging applications that could be the future competition of widely used services such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
The need for secure payment methods could see the introduction of bitcoin into delivery services, but to what extent? Here's a look at how the logistics industry could incorporate virtual currency into delivery services and benefit not only the consumer, but also, the industry itself.
It may seem surprising, but one solution to the problem of power consumption in blockchain mining might be simply to move the mining process completely off the planet.
46 percent of ICOs failed in 2017. Here's what you need to know about the other 54 percent.
Bitcoin's original vision was a libertarian's dream come true. But looking at the current state of bitcoin, it's hard to recognize that original vision.
Bitcoin was founded on anti-establishment principles. Now that it's becoming "Establishment," will Satoshi emerge to restore the cryptocurrency to his original vision? More importantly, can it be restored?
Blockchain holds the potential to "break and remake" any data-driven industry. Accounting certainly fits the description. It won't happen tomorrow, but in the not-very-distant future, blockchain is sure to radically change the way accountants crunch the numbers.
Things move fast in the ICO arena, where new offerings are cropping up at a breakneck pace, and regulatory entities are just beginning to catch up. But stakeholders in this innovative new world are beginning to get a handle on ICO best practices. Here's what you need to know ...
Distributed ledger technology has the potential to revolutionize virtually every industry — and digital signage is no exception.
On the eve of the inevitable arrival of full-power, blockchain-busting quantum computing, the blockchain industry must learn to manage the strategic uncertainty associated with the threat timeline and the investment required to migrate to quantum-resistant cryptosystems.
Hard forks in the bitcoin blockchain have been contentious and, as yet, not one of them has succeeded. With this in mind, is a hard fork the best solution?
The Internet of Value is not just an upgrade to the internet, but a powerful driver, one that can change our future by re-architecting financial and social systems and by reinventing the ways we interact with them.
Retail is one of the interesting areas where different uses of blockchain could improve speed to market and enable more efficient business practices.
The Burger King franchise in Russia has rolled out a loyalty program built around the 'Whoppercoin.' It's a cryptocurrency that customers can traffic in online or trade in for free burgers. Could it also be a signal that Russia is softening its hostile stance toward virtual currency?
Blockchain, the Internet of Things and the sharing economy — how do these emerging trends relate to one another? In fact their interconnection is much deeper than one might think.
Las Vegas-based blockchain startup REcoin Group has announced launch dates for its cryptocurrency crowdsale. The ICO is set to go live on Aug.
With new technologies, it takes a while for regulation to catch up. Blockchain technology is no exception. While we are slowly beginning to see standards emerge, the reputation of blockchain is still marred by the criminal aspects of bitcoin.
Virtual Currency Today is becoming Blockchain Technology News. Editor Suzanne Cluckey explains what all the change is about.